Saturday, March 03, 2007

God is Good- again;)



I know it has been a while since my last post. Things are going to get back to usual this week. It has been crazy being sick, having family in town and just life I guess. Having mom and dad here was so great. We really had some quality family time-no we didn't go anywhere or get much accomplished but we did spend time together coughing, blowing noses and trying to lend each other a hand. We also had a major computer crisis which is not resolved yet. Ryan's mom and dad came up on Thursday night and we had another swim class. This time I decided not to dunk Chelsea underwater. It was so fun to have Ryan there too. Her attitude about the water was completely different. She was splashing and she loved being passed from Ryan to me and back again. We were kicking her feet. It was so much more pleasant than last time. I will post the video and some pictures on www.dropshots.com/clark122399 These are pictures mom took on Tuesday night- her first swim lesson.

Ok now for the real reason for the post. Yesterday morning we got up and were supposed to be heading for Canton for the day. I went in to change Chelsea's diaper and found a dark black stool that was kind of like a playdough consistancy. Sorry for the graphic content. Gran and i looked and decided we should probably call the Dr- who didn't open till 9:00 and it was only 8:30. I called mom who agreed about calling the Dr. When I finally reached the Dr office (9:03- I am so impatient) they wanted to see us at 9:45- (they are about 20 minutes away) We rushed to get ready, feed Chelsea and head out the door diaper in hand. We waited at the Dr office for about an hour. They tested the diaper for blood and found NONE!!!! Yea. Praise the Lord. Dr. Raine indicated he wanted us to increase her juice intake to 4oz a day but after convincing him she woud not eat well he decreased it to 2oz of juice and 2 oz of water which should not fill her up as much. We are still on Axid for heartburn too. We also have food sensitivities to sweet potatoes, carrots and now bananas. The list is ever growing. We also have to keep a prescription lotion on hand because of the skin allergies. I cannot express how relived I was when the Dr said it wasn't blood. In my mind I was replaying all kinds of senerios- being admitted to the hospital, intrusive tests, and poor Chelsea having to go through it all. BUT we didn't have to do anything. We headed back home and went to Canton for the rest of the day. Chelsea loved looking around at all the people. She has learned to wave- a skill I didn't believe. Thanks Grammy for teaching her. It is so cute. She waves her entire arm. We all took turns holding Chelsea, looking at the shops and letting her walk around. She had quite a fun time. She slept for 6 hours last night!!! Yea. Just another reason God is good.

0 comments: