Well many of you already know that on Saturday night Chelsea started vomitting and having diaherra. It continued into Sunday morning and she couldn't keep any liquid down- not even 1/4 tsp of Pedialite. We took her to the Dr and were told to go to the hospital where they had a room waiting for us. We got there and Chelsea still was not able to hold any liquids. There are soo many details that it would make this entry long and boring- like the Dr on call did not have any bedside manner, I was a wreck, Chelsea was just sleeping, weak and pathetic to look at. Then Monday....Our regular Dr arrived and ran a test proving Chelsea had rotavirus that was spreading in the DFW area. The signs pointed to being about 1-2 weeks recovery. Chelsea was such a trooper. She was definatley more calm and trusting than her mother. Ryan was also calm and strong. I again was an emotional wreck, crying even when the Dr would come to talk.
I can't begin to describe all the ways God worked. He gave us an incredible church family who allowed Ryan to stay with us, even on Sunday. They offered to help by bringing meals and running errands. Ryan's parents came on Sunday and have been our gophers, meal providers and helpers. We are sooo grateful for the support. I know my mom and dad were dying to hop on a plane but we convinced them we were ok. We've kept in touch by phone. We are truely blessed with incredible families and extended families. There have been so many friends, family and churches praying. Chelsea is now home. After 4 days in the hospital we are home and will sleep in our own bed tonight. Please continue to pray that chelsea will keep everything down and will regain her appetite. She only lost 4 ounces from Friday. (On Sunday she had lost 8 so she has already gained some of her weight back.) Those of you who have seen Chelsea know she doesn't have the weight to lose. She now weighs a whopping 13 lbs 10 ounces. We are grateful for every pound. Here is some of the pics from the hospital and more will be posted on www.dropshots.com/clark122399
Again thanks for all your prayers, concerns and kindness. We love you all.







1 comments:
OH my word Krista!!! I kept checking your site and wondering why you hadn't posted anything recently. I am so glad Chelsea is getting better and that although you were a wreck, you allowed God to work. It's hard seeing your own child sick and lethargic! I will keep praying and please, let me know how you all are.
Love in Christ.
Post a Comment