Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Another First

Last night I had Chelsea while Ryan was at a double header softball game. Chelsea screamed bloody murder for over 1 1/2 hours. I found myself just crying with her. I had tried everything I knew to do. She just continued to wail. It is soooo frustrating not knowing what to do to help. So anywhere the title fo this entry is another First. I noticed that Chelsea had her first tear in the middle of her crying. I felt horrible. Until now she hadn't developed tears- it was soooo sad. I love her so much and I hate to see her hurting. Last night I just felt like a terrible parent. There was nothing I could do to make it better and I was getting angry and impatient. NOT AT HER- just at not knowing what to do and how to respond. Hopefully we won't have many more of these episodes. Chelsea did sleep well after crying so long. She slept from 11:30-3:30. That's quite an accomplishment especially since she hadn't eaten since 10:30. Today has been better but she goes into the nursery tonight for the first time. Hopefully she will be content and maybe even alseep.

1 comments:

TXSkipper said...

I feel your pain...we had a long night last night with lots of screaming and tears while the little boy was burning with fever. We got to see Dr. Ben today and we have an ear infection and cold...but that doesn't help me ease the pain he still feels. It is such a helpless feeling. I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it always grips my heart to see him hurting. I hope her first night in the nursery went well... and we hope to see you soon.