Thursday, September 04, 2008

A new trend???

Ok today is 1 week from the day we leave for Seaside and I am totally excited. I am cruising the internet searching for adventures for the family after putting Chelsea down for a nap an hour ago. As I sit in the computer room I can still hear her chatting away. She has come in 3 times. The first time I lovingly picked her up and put her back in bed.
"Mommy, sing Jesus Loves me," she says so innocently.
So of course I do..
"Pray Mommy," so we do.
"Nightnight Chelsea," I say closing the door.

The second time she comes in I tell her "Chelsea it is night night time, go back in your bed and go to sleep."
"Mommy sing Jesus Loves me.
"Ok Chelsea but Mommy is only going to sing it one more time and then it is time for night night."
"Pray Mommy..." so we pray again.

The third time I am feeling a little irritated. I take her hand and walk her back to her room. "Mommy sing Jesus Loves Me"
"No Chelsea I told you Mommy wasn't going to sing anymore it is time for night night.
"Mommy Pray..."
"Chelsea you can pray, Mommy is going to close the door, I say walking out of her room. As I leave I hear the sound of our seet girl,
"Dear God thank you for Mommy and Daddy, and Missie. Thank you for everything. Amen" "Lord," I pray silently, "please let her go to sleep."

It seems so harsh not to sing and pray, especially when your child asks...What kind of parent am I????

I hope this is not a sign of things to come...NO NAP!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

1 comments:

Genny said...

Oh, the "no nap" phase...I pray it's just a blip on your radar screen and she will still take naps -- the most sacred and blessed part of any mom's day.