I decided for Valentine's Day to do a Top 10 Reasons why I love you list for Ryan and after coming up with more than 70 reasons I have a great appreciation for my loving husband. I will post a partial list here. I also did one for Chelsea but I didn't spend as much time on it. I am confident I could find 70 plus things I love about her too.
Things I love about Ryan
1. That you are a great listener
2. You are wise beyond your years
3. Your sensitivity to me when I cry
4. The way you hold me when I’m upset
5. The way you play with Chelsea.
6. How Chelsea looks just like you when she does her funny face and her pouty face too
7. You’re considerate – when you call on your way home and ask if I need anything.
8. That you love The Melting Pot as much as I do
9. You draw things out (room designs, floor patterns and shelving) because you know I have to see it in front of me
10. Your patience with me
11. Your love for dogs especially Missie
12. that you are learning to play guitar – even though you don’t practice as often as you would like
13. The freedom you give me
14. The way I fit right next to your heart when I’m close to you
15. your sense of humor
17. that you have more than 8 crayons in your color box
18. Your ability to stick it out even when the going gets tough
20. the way you takes care of our vehicles
21. How you never complain when I go to the salon to pamper myself
22. Your creativeness
23. How you support my friendships
24. they way you keep things in perspective for me especially when I blow things out of proportion
25. that when I went to hang the new shower curtain you had already done it. I noticed….
26. The way you put up with me.
27. How you make scrambled eggs
28. How you want to travel to the places I do.
29. that you like to shop
30. The security you provde me.
31. Your kisses
32. Your ability to follow a “honey-do” list without complaint
33. how you are thinking of ways to be thoughtful like with the cross you bought for mom
34. that you will put aside your insecurity and dance in front of several hundred VBS kids and workers (you did Great by the way and I was proud!!)
35. How you will apologize when you are wrong.
36. Your ability to leave work at work.
37. The way your eyes twinkle when you are laugh
39. how you take forever to pick out just the right card for everyone on your list!!
40. The way you balance and complete me.
41. I love that you tell me you’re happy I am your wife!
42. You help me grow as a person.
43. Your faithfulness to our Lord and knowing the God is going to take care of us!
44. Your loyalty to me and our family
45. Your commitment to me and our marriage
46. That you can remember the names of movies, actors/actresses and music groups- I certainly can’t.
47. That you don’t make me feel guilty for being afraid of heights.
48. That you are not afraid to throw things away.
49. Your willingness to change
50. You like veinna sausage
51. you lead me to a place where I can worship.
52. the feeling I get just holding your hand
53. that you encourage me to find something I enjoy
54. that you trust me
55. your green eyes
56. the way your mouth moves when you sing
57. when we set a spending limit for each other for Valentine's Day, Christmas or anniversary and I go over spending more on you than I should- you get so mad
59. how safe I feel when I’m with you
60. when you bring home dinner unexpectedly
61. when you stop at Sonic and get me a cherry root beer (med size) haha
62. when you set up a trainer to introduce us to the equipment you already know how to use and then encourage me to workout
64. that you wait to turn the bathroom light on until you close the bathroom door in the morning so you don’t wake me up- by the way I’m already awake!!!
65. how you sleep on such a small space in bed
66. your voice
67. you always say I love you before getting off the phone or leaving the house.
68. how you put your arm around me in church
69. your back rubs
70. you care about my opinion even about the small things
71. that you don’t complain when I spend money
72. your nose- I hope all our children inherit that!!!
Things I love about Chelsea
1. That she loves to play with my hands when she’s sleepy
2. Her laugh
3. Her funny face and how she looks just like her Daddy
4. the way she wants to wipe things up with her own rag or paper towel
5. the way she says BIBLE
6. her bright blue eyes
7. her hair after a bath- the little ringlets of blond curls
8. her attempt to say new words everyday
9. the way she dances
10. her motion for move on back (The Wheels on the Bus)
11. that she loves to entertain people
12. her wave to everyone as we walk down the hall
13. the way she watches other children and tries to jump right in
14. her love (obsession) for puppies
15. her desire to be helpful even when it means folding the laundry twice and picking up Missie’s food off the floor several times
16. her fair skin
17. that she loves clothes (and it’s a good thing because she has a lot of them)
18. how she thinks everytime we are at a church it doesn’t matter where- she thinks Dada will be on the platform
19. how she runs almost too fast that she trips
20. she enjoys accessorizing everyone in the nursery- every kiddo must have their paci and their bow
21. her adventurous side- she has no fear!!
22. that she can communicate with me using words or signing
23. she says MEN for Amen
24. how she tries to close her eyes for prayer
25. she cuddles
26. how she will voluntarily go into the naughty corner without being asked
27. she loves looking at books over and over again
28. how she kissed my boo boo over and over and kept saying hurt Momma. I know she was genuinely concerned.
29. how she throws her arms around me to give me a hug
30. her Eskimo kisses
31. her open mouth sloppy kisses
Thank you God for giving me such a blessing in Ryan and Chelsea. I cherish them as a priceless treasure from you.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Valentine's Day
Posted by krista and ryan at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I actually think that more than my own gifts that I received for Valentine's Day I enjoyed reading that more than anything. The list for Ryan was quite humorous and so sincere at the same time. The way that you love your family speaks volumes to those around you. I could come up with a list for all of the reasons why I think you're a great friend and could probably come up with that many...maybe more! =) Thank you for being my friend! Happy Valentine's Day. I love you!
Beautifully said, Krista! :-) I think that any guy who likes Vienna Sausages must be a keeper. ha ha!! *grin*
Post a Comment