Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Be careful what you say!

Yesterday while at Target, I put a box of fruit snacks in the buggy and Chelsea was very interested in them. She has never really tried them before. She grabbed for the box and immediately tried to open it. Thinking this was a teachable moment, I tried explaining to her that we had to "buy it" first and then we could open it. I saw a puzzled look cross her face and the next thing I knew she was biting on the box. She must have heard "we have to bite it first then we can open it." I just had to laugh!!!
Today we went to the Dr and are officially out of the 5th percentile for weight!!! She weighed a whopping 22 lbs which is considered the 25th percentile. She also has moved up on the growth chart for height 32 and 1/4 inches long. She is in the
50-75th percentile for height!!! Yea Chelsea!!!
We discussed several things with Dr Raine about her eating and he said it is time to get rid of baby food and start eating real fruit and veggies!! We have been trying several things but are mostly unsuccessful. Maybe we won't be in the 25th percentile for very long! She does eat grapes, strawberries and an occasional bite of banana but no peaches or pears etc. Vegetables are limited to corn and peas. So this next few weeks and months will be interesting! I'll keep you posted of my frustrations and celebrations. I would love it if she would eat mashed potatoes!!!!

0 comments: