Tonight I was giving Chelsea a bath. She was splishing and splashing around having a great time. She must have slipped on the bath mat and found herself underwater. She gasped and came up just as soon as I could grab hold of her. She cried and cried and wanted out of the tub immediately. I wrapped her in a towel and just held her for a while telling her she was alright. "I'm right here and will never let anything happen to you." Then a thought came to me. In life sometimes we feel as though we are underwater unable to breathe. We find ourselves frightened and scared when we should feel comforted knowing our Heavenly Father is right there. He is watching us like an attentive and caring parent. He knows when we are struggling and afraid and the best news is He helps us overcome our circumstances, wraps us in His arms and holds us whispering, "I am never going to let anything happen to you!!!" Afterall His word promises that NOTHING can seperate us from Him, not height, depth, not even death.
A couple days ago we learned that Ryan's grandmother, Granny Darby, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. There is no treatment available and she has been given up to6 months to live. The family is in shock,feeling as though they are drowning, but Thank the Lord that He are standing right there. He has Granny in His arms and is going to take care of her and the family. We are praying for healing because we believe in a God big enough to cure Granny's body but more importantly we are trusting God to give Granny and us the strength to walk this journey together, leaning on His attentive watchcare over us.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Lessons from bathtime
Posted by krista and ryan at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
What a delight it was to see your comment that you are praying for my sweet friends. Thank you - it means more than I can express. I will be praying for Ryan's Granny as well!
Post a Comment