Saturday, May 05, 2007

Reason for not posting



Well over the last several days I have been missing my computer and being able to check email and blog. On Wednesday night a terrible storm ripped through Grand Prairie with winds exceeding 100 mph. Our street and neighborhood was hit hard- trees down, fences blown and no power. The electric company anticipated about a week before power would be restored. It was a scary and uncertain time. Ryan was helping our neighbors chop down and haul off trees- just to clear the street and I was listening to stories about what had happened while we were at church. I am grateful we were not home. The storm was bad at the church but we never lost power for very long. Our home is fine and we had no damage- just the inconvenience of no power. Many friends stepped forward and offered their homes. We stayed with Tim, Denai and Victoria on Thursday night after unloading all our freezer both inside and out. On Friday we travelled to FW to the zoo with Brice and Rikki who had also lost power. It was a fun day and nicer outside than being cooped up at home with no power or entertainment. When we got home we found 10 power trucks and several tree trimming vehicles. It was a welcome sight. They indicated we could have power in 30 minutes. WE thought we would go back to FW to housesit for the Powells and leanred that they had a water mane break in their house and had 2 inches of water in the bottom story. (and we thought we had it bad) To make matters worse they were leaving on Saturday to fly to DC for Jeremy to have spinal surgery. Our prayers and thoughts are with them as they have one more thing to add to their worries. Our power never turned on and about 7:00 we decided to go eat with Brice, Rikki, Jack and Marilyn from church. We made plans to stay with Brice, Rikki and Rachel after we ate. (their power had be turned on earlier in the day) After eating we drove down our street and saw LIGHTS - I have never been more excited to see light..... We called to cancel our sleep over. I went from room to room turning on each light and cranked down the AC to 70. I was so excited we started unpacking and I raced to the computer to write our adventure. I was typing away when all of a sudden the power went out again. OH NO!!! At that point I was so frustrated. Chelsea needed a bath and we all needed showers and a good night's rest. It became evident that we were not going to have that at our house. I called Rikki back to beg for a place to stay. We gathered our stuff and got in the car when we heard a loud BOOM. The transformer had blown again. (3rd time) I am very grateful we were already on our way to sleep for the night. We got to the Hesters and played for a little while. Chelsea got her bath and went to sleep. We had a comfortable bed and a cool place to stay. We even had muffins and fruit for breakfast. Thank the Lord for friends who are willing to sacrifice and make room for us and our puppy. Thanks again Brice, Rikki, Tim and Denai. You're the best. Ryan went over to the house and found we now have power and it has been on for several hours without interruption. YEA!!! Now we will pack up one more time and head for home. We are so blessed to all be safe. Thank you Lord for your Sovereign protection.

www.dropshots.com/clark122399 has pics from our street and some from the zoo yesterday.

0 comments: