Friday, May 25, 2007

Last Night

Ok so the evening was going well until it was time for bed. Around 9 Chelsea started getting fussy and so I fed her and tried to put her down. 4 TIMES!!! I would get her to sleep and as soon as her head touched her bed she would cry, roll over and pull up on the side of the crib. I spent 45 minutes trying to get her to sleep when I had finally had enough. I decided to lay her down and let her cry. For 5 minutes she screamed bloody murder. (I kept the monitor close just to hear if she was falling or hitting her head but she is doing much better balancing.) After 5 minutes I went in to console her. I patted her and told her I loved her and it was time to go to sleep. She screamed louder. Walking away I thought this is going to be a long night. 3 minutes later silence.... I was concerned. All the what ifs started playing in my mind. I sent Ryan in to check on her and he came back with surprising news. She was asleep. Face down, burried in her blanket, all sprawled out:) Yea!!! OnceI was sure she was alseep I removed the blanket from underneath her just to make sure she wouldn't hurt herself. This is not even the best news.... It ws 4 this morning when I heard her and she just whimpered and went right back to sleep. Finally at 6:45 she was up for good. I got a FULL NIGHT's SLEEP.. I had forgotten how good that felt. Hopefully this is a sign of more sleeping nights to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds exactly like her mom used to be only it took a lot longer than a few minutes, more like hours. The first time we crawled in to see why you were so suddenly silent you were standing in your crib to greet us and it started all over again. Chelsea is a sweetie.

Hester 5 said...

May you have many more nights of good sleep! You know I love that little girl!