Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Choose to Trust... Again

Well we went to the Dr on Friday and were so pleased that Chelsea is in the 1 percentile for her weight and head size. She now weighs a whopping 8lbs 13 oz. YEA! I guess my milk has a high fat content. She can now fit into 0-3 month clothes and she's only 2 months old. She will probably continue wearing them until she's 6 months old but we are happy with her progress. The Dr also had some disturbing news. We were discussing a part of Chelsea's head that is flat. I really thought it was due to the fact that she favors that side. She sleeps on that side most of the time. Dr. Raine felt the back and sent us for xrays at Cook's Children's Hospital. Now keep in mind Chelsea has already had 4 shots and now we are going where 3 nurses had to hold her head and chin still for photos of her skull. NO FUN!!! She did very well considering the trama of the day. She slept for a good portion of the rest of the day- after a dose of Tylonel for pain. The Dr indicated that if the bones had fused together then we would have to do surgery to remove part of the bone in order that her head would continue to grow. Woa!! Ryan and I were not ready for that. I really cannot imagine Chelsea- 8lbs and 13oz having her skull opened:( After being emotional and thinking why now and why us I found myself saying "I don't like the circumstances. I don't agree or understand but I will choose to trust YOU." It's like I felt before surgery- I didn't like what we were having to go through. Now I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can look back and see God's hand on us as He provided and walked with us and everything turned out for our good. I know that is a promise and I am claiming it over Chelsea's situation. If she has to have surgery I don't know what that will mean for our insurance since it really stinks right now. But we will trust God with that situation too. I know God will provide. I we change insurances I just pray that this will not be considered a preexisiting condition and not cover the procedure. Well actually maybe we won't have to face this at all. We should find out the results on Monday but no matter what. I will choose to trust YOU!!!!

0 comments: