Chelsea got home on Friday just after lunch after visiting with Gran and Grandpa in Houston for the week. I missed her the sceond she was gone. Later that afternoon I went and just sat in her room and cried. Monday and Tuesday were hard too, especially because Melody was really fussy and I wasn't accomplishing much on my 'to do' list. By Wednesday, Melody was better, (I think she is bothered when I drink Slimfast or maybe it's the chocolate) and I was able to get some things done. I'm just glad she had such a memorable time and she is back safe and sound. Today we are on our own again. One week till school starts. I have 2 goals this week 1) not to go to the grocery store more than once and 2) cook with Chelsea from one of her cookbooks. While she was gone I added to her notebook of fun activities to do with her and created a folder for each day of the week. That way I can go through the folder, pull out the activity and PLAY PLAY!!! We'll see how much time I have to complete the activities. I am also goning to set the timer each day for quiet reading time- Chelsea and me:) This way it supports and teaches her the value of reading and it may be the only time I have to do some sort of quiet time while she is awake.
Hopefully this week will be filled with sweet memories before PDO next week. 
Monday, August 24, 2009
Chelsea's home
Posted by krista and ryan at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment