Ok so today was my official first day with both girls. I was up and ready to take Chelsea at 8:30 and we didn't need to be at school until 9:30. I was so proud. I had gotten a load of laundry washed and folded, dishes loaded and everybody dressed, fed and ready to walk out the door. I felt quite accomplished. I got to visit with a friend and catch up, which is always refreshing:) adult conversation:) Melody slept almost the entire visit except when she needed to eat. I picked Chelsea up from school only to discover her eye was matted with green gooey stuff and pink in the corner. GREAT!!! Meanwhile Melody is very unhappy. I called the Dr who promptly called a RX for us!! Yea we don't have to go in for a formal diagnosis. Because pink eye is so contagious I am very nervous about little Melody and trying to explain that Chelsea can't touch her is virtually impossible. So we decided that she can touch her feet and I think we have all washed our hands at least 50 times in the last several hours. She is contagious for 24 hours so we have several more handwashes ahead of us:)
I took Melody to the grocery store to get a few things. She screamed almost the entire time. I tried calmly to push the basket, stopping every few feet to try the pacificer and talk sweetly. Nothing worked. I knew if I took her out of the carrier all would be lost so I just shopped as quickly as I could. After leaving the checkout with an escort to help me put the groceries in the back of the blazer, she stopped and didn't make another sound. When I set her down in the family room she fell asleep. Oh well. Now it's off to give Chels a bath and feed Little Bit. Then Ryan and I will have a few minutes hopefully to catch up on DVR and then off to sleep. Tomorrow is another day with more challenges ahead.
JUST FYI on the potty training- we have continued to be dry throughout the day. She did have 1 accident on the bathroom floor- which I don't think should count...afterall she was right there. And even at night she has only had 1 night when she woke up wet for the past week. YEA Way to go CHELSEA!!!
Monday, June 29, 2009
First Day
Posted by krista and ryan at 7:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
You are a great mom! It takes some adjusting but you can do it. I think the challenges of each new day are sometimes fun and at the end of the day you can sit down and say, "WOW, I did it again!" To me, it is a huge accomplishment to make it through the day with no major catastrophes. You know I am always here if you need to voice your frustrations! Love ya!
Post a Comment