So since my last post, Chelsea has been doing marvelous without paci, with only 1 downside. She is waking up around 5:15-5:30 AM, which she did before, and now it is virtually imposssible to get her back to sleep. This morning was no exception. She was up at 5:15 ready to start her day!! Her only obstacle was ME!!! I was NOT ready to start my day. I laid with her in bed trying to convince her that it was night night time. Didn't work.... well, she was still for about 15 minutes and I thought several times she might have fallen back to sleep.....NO such luck. The crazy thing is she was up till 10:00 last night!!!! That is only 7 and a half hours of sleep, certainly not enough for a toddler. After 45 minutes of failing to coax her back to sleep, I decided to tell her she could go play in her room or the playroom but Mommy was staying in bed.
"Mommy go play too. Don't leave me."
This would have broken my heart had it not been 6 AM.
My last resort was to very assertively say, "Chelsea if you chose to stay in bed with mommy you must be still and quiet. If not Mommy will take you to your room and close the door."
Without missing a beat Chelsea says, Like Ariel, no Cinderella, when the mean lady locked the door!!!" Great now my child is now comparing me to the wicked stepmother from Cinderella. Nevertheless, she did make a valid connection. I did say I would close the door.
We went to music class and headed for the play area in the mall (Ryan's suggestion) She had a blast running around with Rachel and Josiah. We ate there and rode the carousel only once, without throwing a fit...actually she wanted to play with the buttons on this game they had there and she was upset that I wouldn't let her play with it. I wouldn't have minded neccessarily except I had to go to the bathroom.
Oh, and when I went to the bathroom Chelsea decided she wanted to go too. We were in one of the family restrooms with a child's size potty. So, when I turn I see Chelsea pulling down her pants, undoing her diaper, getting toliet paper and laying it across the potty horizontally, (who teaches the child these things). Finally she sits on the potty. I was so sure she was going to fall in. After a couple seconds I hear sounds of tickle and it's not me!!! Yea SHE DID IT!!! all by herself!! I really think if she had other parents she would be potty trained by now. She is showing all kinds of signs of being ready but I am not sure I am ready for the committment of potty training. Don't get me wrong, I am ready for the end result, just not sure I want to put the work in now. Oh well, anyway she is sleeping now and that is where I am headed too.
Thanks Rikki and Heather for meeting us and playing at the mall today.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Posted by krista and ryan at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You crack me up! I love that C is doing so much. Lou is perfectly happy not doing much....at all! Each child is so different!
We are planning on getting rid of the twins' pacifiers in January. I really dread it! Hopefully it won't be too tough. Matthew never took one and never sucked his thumb, so we haven't dealt with this before. And I don't know if I've told you congrats on baby #2!!! Take care.
Post a Comment