Thursday, April 05, 2007

Laughing out loud

It is so fun to try and figure out what is going to make our little girl laugh out loud each day. Today it was playing peek a boo and pulling mommy's hair. She also loves a new game we've learned at music class. I'll try to get Ryan to record it sometime this weekend.

www.dropshots.com/clark122399


Another update on the sleeping for long hours - it lasted for 2 nights and for that I am grateful but Chelsea was up multiple times last night and so I think I got about 4 hours of sleep. Needless to say I am very tired. A nap is definatley on the agenda sometime.

Also I had some new moms over just to have our first official playdate. There were only 3 of us but we still had a great time. I hope this will continue to grow. When I return from Houston and Florida we will try again.

Because of the Easter season and because we really needed to anyway Ryan, Chelsea and I went out Monday night visiting our neighbors and inviting them to IBC for Easter. We prayed with each one for various requests and it was a really sweet time of getting to know some unchurched friends. Ryan was saying how he really needed to come home today and mow the yard because it was looking unkept but I told him not to worry about it because of the stressful weekend ahead. This afternoon when I got home the yard was mowed. I called Ryan and asked if he'd gotten someone to take care of the yard. He was as surprised as I was. We couldn't figure it out. Later on I went outside and discovered that our neighbor, Stacey, had mowed it for us. She said she knew what a crazy time it was for ministers and she was mowing her own so she just wanted to help. What a blessing. I went on and on about how God had used her. She just kept reminding me of the meal that I had brought over a few weeks ago and how much praying for her and her family had meant to her. Sometimes I need to just remember that God really does care about the little things and how He blesses in so many ways. I think about me as a parent and how much I want to do for Chelsea and maybe understand a fraction of how our heavenly father feels for us. He wants to bless and encourage and strengthen us and sometimes He uses us, His creation, to bless each other. Thank you Lord for neighbors and friends and family who bless us and in doing so bless you.

0 comments: