Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Our First plane Trip

Well we started our adventure with the car loaded to the brim heading to the airport on Monday morning. I think we made it with 2 hours to spare at the airport. The security checkers made us take a sleeping Chelsea out of her carrier in order to walk through security. Ryan must have been carrying 50 lbs with the duffle bag filled with video and still cameras and everything I couldn't fit into the diaper bag.He also had our laptop and cables, cords and other goodies in his backpack. I had the stroller, the baby in my arms and the diaper bag which was also quite full. I can't belive it but our car seat is one of the few that you can only attach with the base so we had to carry that too. It was actually underneath the stroller. It is amazing how much stuff you have to have with an infant. Yikes- toddlerhood is probably worse. We must have looked like gypsies with all our bags. Chelsea did fantastic on the plane. Her schedule worked out perfectly and she was able to eat at just the right times so it wouldn't stop up her ears. Yea! I even did ok. I will admit being a little uptight - but overall - especially for this being our first experience we did well. We are enjoying all the family and will be home on Friday. This time we have to be at the airport around 7:00. Yuck! Hopefully going home will be just as pleasant. I'll post pics later.

1 comments:

Changed by His Love said...

Glad the trip there was good...hope that your trip back was just as good. Toddler-hood gets easier on the load, I promise. Although, I haven't taken him on a plane trip either...next year though...we are making the trip to TX! :)