Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Abba, Father

Fatherhood is a wonderful thing! What a blessed reponsiblity! Those times when your little one smiles at you, makes eye contact with you, or seemingly carries on a breif conversation with you is absolutely priceless. I’m not saying that all the time spent with my little one is without some frustration. In fact, that is what this blog is about. Now, I will preface you by saying that we have a baby girl that doesn’t do a whole lot of crying and/or fussing (she is a pretty happy baby and we thank God for that), but there are times that I try to give Chelsea something and she doesn’t want it. There are times when she wants something that I can’t give her. And there are other times when she just cries for no apparent reason. It’s in those times that I (and Krista) can become frustrated, even to the point sometimes where we ask each other, “Can you take her for a few minutes? (Of course, this is to either free our minds to think of the next possible remedy for her crying or maybe, it’s to build up enough confidence as a ‘good’ mother or father to take Chelsea back again.) When I look back at the past weeks of Chelsea’s new life, I often think about our Heavenly Father—Abba Father and I ask this question: “How many times, in my 30 years on the planet, has God been frustrated with me because He has something for me that I won’t take, or He has something for me that He can’t give me right this moment because He wants to teach me something, or I’m crying because I’m upset with something superficial?” God doesn’t have someone to pass me off to when He gets extremely frustrated with me! We serve a God who continues to be gracious and merciful and forgiving with us time after time after time. He loves us and cares for us to the extent that He sent His Son for us so that we could come to Him, and sit in His lap for awhile, and bury our head in His chest and cry. And, we can look in His eyes and carry on a conversation with Him and smile as He smiles back at us. What a picture of His love! Recognize how much God has blessed you today and worship 24/7!

0 comments: