
It's hard to believe that Chelsea is almost one week old. We have had our first Doctor's visit. We got a glowing report. Chelsea is gaining weight already. The doctor had anticipated her losing several more ounces and to his surprise Chelsea gained an ounce and a half in 2 days. He laughed when we described our sleepless nights trying to get Chelsea awake every 3 hours. He explained that she was trying to tell us something- like she is satisfied, full, and wanting to sleep. He put us on a 6 hour schedule. So we should be able to sleep up to 6 hours. Monday night she woke up at 5 1/2 hours, ate and stayed awake until 5am. Last night was a little more challenging. She woke up about 1 1/2 and again at 2:30 and then 7:40. Of course this doesn't include the hours it takes to get Chelsea back to sleep but we are so grateful that we can have a longer time to sleep. Thank heavens for family. mom and dad have been so helpful- cooking, cleaning, watching baby Chelsea, and anything else we can think of for them to do. I have been able to take a nap almost everyday. We have so much to be grateful for. Chelsea is a healthy baby girl.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
One week old!!
Posted by krista and ryan at 6:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Hey Girl! I was so hoping she would wait till my birthday to join us! Although, I don't wish being late on anyone. She is beautimous...as if I thought she would be anything different! I love the picture with your parents...their smiles could truly not be any bigger! :)
I love you girl and oh my heavens, be grateful for those 6 hours, and don't fret if she goes less or more. :) I am sending you a package this weekend.
Enjoy!
Love you so much!
Post a Comment