Saturday, July 19, 2008

Catch Up!

I was looking at my fellow blogger's websites and discovered that I have not been faithful to update everyone on life. I think the concensus among everyone is that the Summer is flying by. I used to look forward to Summers as a teacher, but now it really doesn't make any difference, except that it is way toooooo hot. I cannot express how excited I am for September when we will vacation with 3 other precious couples to Seaside..... YEA!!! Kaci and I are trying to iron out details, since we are the organizers in the group. We have been fortunate to see the Skippers and Alexanders several times this summer and I am amazed at how much our children enjoy each other's company. So vacation should be tons of fun for the kiddos and adults too!!!

Our kitchen remoodelling project is almost complete. All Ryan has left is to plug in the stove. Actually I think he will have to do something with the wires and it sounds a little more complicated than just plugging something in. The countertops look fabulous! I am so thankful we were able to do such a project. Here are a couple pics.
The before
close up of the backsplash and granite

The after!!!


This past week was VBS and I taught 5th grade. Wow what a group. We had a lot of fun. Thanks Holly and Taylor for helping out so much. You were lifesavers. Ryan and Steve had to kiss a fish because the girls collected more money than their boys!!! Here is a video of the flipper race that the guys did everyday. It was pretty entertaining.

This week Ryan is going to Austin for a conference and I am travelling to Florida to visit family. It should be a relaxing trip. Mom and I plan to work on Chelsea's carousel cake and visit the spa to get a pedicure and a much needed haircut. I also plan to visit the portait studio to get some pictures of Chelsea with Mom and Dad.

On the agenda today is buying a present for a friend about to have a baby and taking pictures with Ryan's parents ..... I will post pics later.

1 comments:

Katrina Jones said...

Chelsea is too cute! Thanks for teaching Colt this week. He really enjoyed it and kept talking about it all day. Anytime someone can connect with him it makes my day so thaks for making that connection in VBS this year with him. In his words "This was the best year of VBS ever, it wasn't boring at all!"