Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Official mom of a one year old....

It is hard to beleive that 1 year and a couple of days ago my life was forever changed. I am in awe of how much one year can change a person. I never imagined that I could have my life turned so upside down over such a little person and I could not be more grateful for such an incredible blessing. Chelsea has been a joy since day one. I am so blessed to be able to love on her daily.
Her birthday was great. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe and watched as Chelsea oooooed at the monkies, made her sign for fish and roared at the elephants. She just loves that restaurant. Next we visited the Gaylord Texan resort just for fun. It was beautiful. It reminded me of the last visit there which was about a week after Chelsea was born. It was my first official outing. Lastly we took a trip to the mall so Chelsea could ride the carousel. She had to ride it 6 times because almost everyone wanted to ride with her but she didn't mind at all. She loved every minute. She even wore her birthday crown most of the day. She's just too cute.
Her birthday party was a memorable one, at least I won't forget it. Thanks Mom, Dad, Gran, Grandpa, Meme and Papa for all your help. We couldn't have done it without you. Chelsea seemed to enjoy all the action and people around. We had about 50 people in our house and the weather outside was a moderate 103! (and that isn't the heat index) :) The cake was perfect and Chelsea's face was so priceless when she couldn't get the frosting off her hands. She didn't like that at all, but once we took the icing off the cake she dug right in..
It's hard to believe that Chelsea is growing so fast. She is learning new things everyday. I pray daily that God will make Ryan and I the parents He would have us to be for our little precious gift. Afterall, God could have given Chelsea to someone else but instead He entrusted her to us. God give us wisdom in how to be the best parents we can for our little girl.
Check out the pictures from the party at www.dropshots.com/clark122399

0 comments: