I know it has been a while since I have last updated everyone. We have had an exciting couple of weeks with family visiting. This past week has been extrememly taxing because Chelsea started vommitting on Tuesday night (11:45). After a call to the Dr and getting advice on what to do we thought she was on the mend but we were wrong and to top things off Sandra (Ryan's mom) and I both started vommiting Thursday night. Chelsea's symptoms did improved but only until we would introduce solids so I called the Dr back and got an appointment on Friday morning. After a few blood tests we were admitted to the hospital to try and prevent further dehydration. After 3 attempts by the nurses including NICU and ER they were unable to get an IV started and we were instructed to give her 1.5 oz of fluid every hour. They ran another test and by 12:00 Saturday am her Bicarb level went from a 12 to an 18!!! Praise the Lord. Even the Dr was astonded that her levels went up so quickly but we knew it was because of your prayers. We were released on Saturday at 3:00pm and went home to rest. Early Sunday morning 12:30 Chelsea vommitted again. I called the Dr again and because of the difficuty the hospital had had with the IV and because she hadn't had enough fluid we were told to go to Cook Children's. We got there and the Dr assessed the situation and sent us home with some anti nausea medicine and more insrtuctions. Chelsea is doing much better now and we will try a bland diet tomorrow. Then we will resume normal diet on Tuesday. Please continue to pray that Chelsea will continue to drink her fluids and when we resume a more normal diet that she will tolerate it. She cannot afford to lose anymore weight. (She was a whopping 16lbs 5ozs.) I will keep you posted on her progress. Again thanks for your prayers.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment