Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lesson learn(ing)

This last year of life has been nothing but interesting. Many things to ponder. I've tried to figure it all out, but can't. I've prayed about it all and have come to one conclusion: it's not about a lesson learn(ed), it's about lesson learn(ing). Within the past year I have had more friends ushered into, reushered (is that a word?), or ushered out of my life. Krista and I have made new friends through the church and in the community. I have found, talked with, and met up with 2 friends that I grew up with, got in trouble with, and loved dearly that I haven't talked to in 10+ years. I had a very close friend (Fred) die of a heartattack at the age of 32, a girl that I grew up with (Karyn) was killed in a very bad car accident, and another friend's (Edwin) wife died suddenly as she was in her late 20's. The one word that comes to mind is relationships. Some friends have been gained, some lost, and some regained. As I have been praying about all of this, God has truly revealed that there has not been a lesson learned, but a lesson learning (as in continuing to learn). We are only here on this earth for a little while, and God "gifts" us relationships to help us through and give us happy times and sad times before we go to be with Him. It's us as humans and our finite minds that take complete advantage of these relationships while we are here because we just expect to have another day with them. What we have to realize is that those relationships are given to us for a purpose, and to enjoy them as much as we can, while we still can. What a great lesson to continue learning as Chelsea is about to be born (about 6 more weeks--Holy cow!)

0 comments: