
(The picture doesn't have anything to do with the rest of this blog, but it's a favorite of mine from a vacation Krista and I took!) What a scary, but exciting situation! Like many of you, I had always thought that there would be more time to prepare for all of this. Well, again, I was wrong. As I prayed and thought about all of this, over and over again, God truly made it clear to me that He had given me six full years of marriage to Krista to prepare for a 'little one.' That was humbling! It was as if God had said, "Time? I have given you time, and in many different forms." After I had realized how true this was, I began to pray more and more for God to show me what I needed in all of this. He revealed something that I had been taught and reminded of a while back: courage. Some of you might say, "Duh!" But I think if we look at what courage is (according to Scripture), we might think about this from a different point of view. If you read Joshua 1 you can plainly see what courage is all about. I have learned that courage is the absence of self, not the absence fear. Read that last sentence again. Now, that we're all on the same page, you see where I can find a bit more security in this whole 'being a parent' thing. Having courage is not about me NOT fearing anything. I think David feared Goliath. I beleive Noah feared the rain. And I beleive Moses feared being in the desert. But with all of these examples, and many more, we see that these people went on doing what they were given, or called to do, because they knew that if they put themselves aside and trusted God with everything, then they receive His promises, and He would receive the glory. He is a great God and worthy to be praised! Lesson learned: More of You (God), and less of me.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Holy Cow, I'm Gonna be a Dad!
Posted by krista and ryan at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment