This post is from some good friends of mine in FL.... The Pastor also served in 2 churches in Texas..one in Plano and one in FW. Please pray for this young family.
Pastor Forrest Pollock
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008
Tyson and I received some very sad news today about our pastor at Bell Shoals Baptist Church. Dr. Forrest Pollock and his 13 yr. old son Preston died in a small plane crash yesterday. They just found the plane today. I just can't stop thinking about the thoughts of his wife and kids. I know very well what it's like to lose a father whom you're unbelievably close to - but I don't know what it's like to lose a father at a very young age and I certainly don't know what's it's like to lose a husband and son and then have five kids under age 16 to take care of. Reality can hurt. (Is kind of odd that I was just thinking very recently when I saw his oldest daughter, how fortunate she was to have their father's wisdom recorded if he ever died suddenly). More and more I learn not to let a day go by without just having fun with Tyson and loving him. I also learn more and more that I need to be prepared for all circumstances, which gets harder to swallow as our family expands.
I have always raved about our pastor and how much he brings to the church (really, his sermons are loaded with knowledge and very humorous - and the church has been growing at an incredible rate). However, Tyson reminded me today that the church is not just the pastor, it's all of the people. The pastor pours out everything to us, and it's our job to go out and do it. Tyson and I have to always remember that we can't just sit there week after week and hear an awesome sermon and then not do anything. Bell Shoals isn't going to fall apart, the church is still there, and strong. We admire Pastor Forrest's leadership, fresh ideas, energy, and how he helped our church family embrace a vision of serving. We will never forget how he made a difference in our lives and are grateful to him and his family.
His message on motherhood last week is here - it's really good. Here's the Pollock family.
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008
Tyson and I received some very sad news today about our pastor at Bell Shoals Baptist Church. Dr. Forrest Pollock and his 13 yr. old son Preston died in a small plane crash yesterday. They just found the plane today. I just can't stop thinking about the thoughts of his wife and kids. I know very well what it's like to lose a father whom you're unbelievably close to - but I don't know what it's like to lose a father at a very young age and I certainly don't know what's it's like to lose a husband and son and then have five kids under age 16 to take care of. Reality can hurt. (Is kind of odd that I was just thinking very recently when I saw his oldest daughter, how fortunate she was to have their father's wisdom recorded if he ever died suddenly). More and more I learn not to let a day go by without just having fun with Tyson and loving him. I also learn more and more that I need to be prepared for all circumstances, which gets harder to swallow as our family expands.
I have always raved about our pastor and how much he brings to the church (really, his sermons are loaded with knowledge and very humorous - and the church has been growing at an incredible rate). However, Tyson reminded me today that the church is not just the pastor, it's all of the people. The pastor pours out everything to us, and it's our job to go out and do it. Tyson and I have to always remember that we can't just sit there week after week and hear an awesome sermon and then not do anything. Bell Shoals isn't going to fall apart, the church is still there, and strong. We admire Pastor Forrest's leadership, fresh ideas, energy, and how he helped our church family embrace a vision of serving. We will never forget how he made a difference in our lives and are grateful to him and his family.
His message on motherhood last week is here - it's really good. Here's the Pollock family.







0 comments:
Post a Comment