Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Drama!!!!

Ok so Denai calls and invites me to go see some houses she and Tim have been looking at buying in Mansfield. Chelsea had had a fussy day but I thought she should be fine. Afterall we would be riding in the car something she loves to do. It started out fine- Chelsea and Victoria in the backseat laughing and talking to each other. Then Chelsea falls asleep- even better. Victoria was even rubbing her head to help her stay asleep. Several minutes passed and Chelsea decided she no longer wants to be in her seat. I am sitting in the front with Denai trying to reach Chelsea’s pacificer and toys but nothing seems to work. Denai pulls over and I take Chelsea out thinking maybe she was dirty- but she is fine. After calming her down we put her back in. This time I sit in the back- only on the passenger’s side because Victoia’s seat is in the middle. Chelsea starts screaming again before we can even get back on the road. A person can only take so much screaming- we decided to pull over again. She immediately calms down and after a couple minutes we put her back in her seat again. By this time Victoria is not really understanding why Chelsea gets out and she doesn’t. Third time we are back on the road. Still crying- louder and louder. We pull over. Check diaper- not wet. Then Victoria has an accident and has soaked through her clothes. Denai changes her in the car while Victoria happily honks the horn in a bank parking lot. Now we decide to forgo looking any longer at houses and head home. Chelsea continues screaming- I continue to try to help get her quiet. Then Denai suggests giving her a bottle. I pull it out thinking this probably won’t work- she just ate a couple hours ago. In goes the bottle and Chelsea is calm and content for a while. Now picture this I am in the back seat (Remember I get car sick very easy) with Victoia in the middle and Chelsea on the other side. I am trying to hold the bottle for her and poor Victoria was feeling rather smushed. She kept pushing my arm away with her feet. I recognized that the bottle had some air in it so I tried to get some of it out when it dropped and spilled all over me, my purse and soaked my clothes. Chelsea commences crying and poor Denai is trying to drive, sing to help Chelsea and give cereal to Victoria to keep her content. Oh Boy we are having so much fun:) By this time I am feeling rather helpless and that I might just need to sit in the backseat and cry too. Not to mention I am feeling slightly nauseous. Next thing I know I look over at my screaming child and see a projectile vomit (probably a good reason not to feed an infant in the car) Now Chelsea and I are both soaked with milk. Motherhood is grand. Poor Denai she was speeding just to get us home. Victoria is in the back seat with only her diaper because Denai had changed diaper bags and didn’t have a spare pair of pants for her to wear. Needless to say we made it home in one piece- soaked but safe. Next time I will not venture out when Chelsea has had such a fussy day to start. For the rest of the evening Chelsea continued to be fussy and almost inconsolable at times. I am thinking of going to bed early and sleeping late:)

0 comments: